Many people are familiar with the term, “Hard Disk Drive”, but have no idea what it means and why they should care. Same with, “Solid State Drive”. Let the experts at Bendy Computers break it down for you.
- Stores files permanently on moving magnetic disks, called platters.
- Usually is cheaper and has more space than a SSD.
- Is slower to load than an SSD.
- Is very vulnerable to drops.
- Stores files permanently on flash memory.
- Has no moving parts, and thus is more durable.
- Is more expensive than a HDD of the same size.
- Loads significantly faster than a HDD.