Do you have a laptop or desktop? Well then chances are, it has a hard drive. Understanding what it does in the computer doesn’t have to be all that difficult.
- A hard drive stores the information on spinning magnetic discs permanently in your computers.
- A hard drive keeps the information safe, even when the power is off.
- A hard drive has moving parts.
- A hard drive should never be opened, or permanent damage to the disks will occur.
- A hard drive can be made of different kinds of materials, but always has magnets in it, and should never be exposed to a metal detector.